Σας παρουσιάζω την τραγική ιστορία του Bertyl Fox οπως την παρουσιασε ο ιδιος σε μια επιστολη προς τον Jim Lensveld εναν φιλο του και εκδότη περιοδικών Bodybuilding.
Ιδού τι ελεγε γιαυτο που του συνεβη:

"Last year the bodybuilding community was shocked to hear about the dead penalty for famous bodybuildingchampion Bertil Fox.
On his native island St. Kits in the Caribbean a jury convicted him for a double murder.
Victims were his ex girlfriend Leyoca and her mother. During a first trial there was a hung jury, but at the second trial he was convicted as guilty.
The judges decided Bertil would be killed by hanging.

My name is Harry de Jonge and I write for several dutch bodybuildingmagazines (so excuse for my bad English). The publisher of one of that magazines, FYSIEK, is my friend Jim Lensveld. He is very well known in the bodybuilding world. He publishes several magazines and his girlfriend is ex pro world champion Juliette Bergmann. Jim is a long time friend of Bertil. Bertil stayed in his house in Middelharnis (Holland) on numerous occasions. You can understand it was a big shock to hear about the drama on St. Kits. We all knew Bertil as a peace-loving and nice person. We wondered, what must have happened that caused him to loose his mind, that he could do such a terrible thing.

Yesterday (april 15th) was the appeal in this case. Two weeks before this appeal Jim received a dramatic letter from Bertil (19 pages long!) In this
letter (which I will summarize later on) Bertil not only denied he was guilty, but also tells the story of the scheme against him, with the goal to take his house and gym from him, and the many mistakes that were made at the trial. At the end he desperately asks Jim for help. "Please Jim, come to St. Kitts and save my life. You know me, I'm not a killer." Jim didn't hesitate and flew to St. Kitts. He met a broken men, only a shadow of his former self. Bertil weighted only 160 lbs. He was in a stinking cell now for more then 17 months! Only once in a while he gets out for a shower. He literally lives on bread and water! Jim talked with Bertil for hours and got convinced Bertil was innocent. The trial was a joke, Bertil was convicted on gossip,
hearsay and because of jealousy.

Here the story (shortened) from the only living witness of the tragedy that happened in September 1997, Bertil Fox.

Dear Jim,

How are you? I hope you and your family are keeping well. I am sure you must have heard about my situation. I would have written before, but I could not get hold of your address because of a jealous so called friend and the fact they did not allow me to write what I want.
Jim, we have known each other for years and I am sure you know the type of person I am. I have stayed at your house many times and I think you know me as an honest person. Jim I need your help. You must help me to stop this evil man to take everything I worked for all my life and to save my life.

Before I explain what happened, I will inform you on the situation at that time. Since I bought a piece of land on the island this man, Edmond Tross,
pushed himself into a friendship with me. His brother was a contractor, so he got his brother tot build the house and gym on my land. Because I had to be abroad often and I trusted him to be my friend, I left all my money in the bank and gave him power of attorney (authorization). That way he could make sure the building would be finished. We agreed he would write all expenses down in a book, so I could see what was happening with my money. When I came back the house was not finished but all my money was spent. I asked him for the book but he couldn't show it to me. We almost came to a fistfight, but I kept my cool. As the place had to be finished I had, for the first time in my life, to take a loan from the bank.
But everything went well, I was able to pay the mortgage from the money I made with the gym. Of course my friendship with Tross was changed, but we still talked. He trained for free at my gym and he sometimes helped me with electricity things, because that was his job.
My house is near the ocean on a hillside with a great view, at night you can hear the sea. I did not know at that time that Tross was very jealous about that. Tross is married and has his own workshop. He also has a girlfriend named Dulisca Wallace and she worked at my gym.

Okay, now I will tell you about the terrible tragedy. I left for a business trip in England on August 29, 1997. I left my ex-girlfriend Leyoca in charge
of my house and left her a set of keys for the house and for the gym. On my return from England Leyoca was not at the house. I later discovered that my gun and pooch and bullets that I left in the night-stand in my bedroom was missing. (By the way, the gun was licensed). I immediately decided to go to the shop of Leyoca's mother, where she worked. When I entered the shop I saw Leyoca who smiled at me. We exchanged greetings and stepped outside. I asked her about the gun and she told me she gave them to her mother for safekeeping. I asked if I could have them now, and she replied: "sure, no problem, follow me." I followed her into a room in the shop when suddenly her mother walked in, waving with the gun in her hand. She yelled, "Is this what you are looking for?" Leyoca turned towards me en got in the middle of her mother and me and she put her hand on my shoulder as if to stop me form coming further forwards. Her mother pushed me with the hand that hold the gun and yelled that she did not want Leyoca to take 'that' (meaning me) into
her shop. When she pulled her hand back I grabbed for the gun. She resisted (harry: she weighs 190 lbs) and the gun went off. Leyoca got shot (harry: in the back). I still tried to get the gun but she kept resisting and the gun went off again. She got shot and fell down (harry: research indicated the mother was hit in her crotch and the bullet left the body from her neck ,making the story of Bertil more likely). I grabbed the gun in panick and took my car and drove away. I ended up at the workshop of Tross and saw a guy named Leon Isaac, who worked for Tross. I told him two people got shot. I was in shock and sat down on a bench. Minutes later Tross arrived and after I told him what happened he brought me to the police station. I gave the gun to Tross. In the car we never spoke a word, because I was in shock. At the station I never gave a written statement, I never confessed, I just told what happened. In the shop were all happened there was also another girl working, A. Mathews. When she heerd the firt shot she hide herself in the toilet, so she never saw anything.
In prison Tross visited me. I asked him to open the gym. His girlfriend worked there, so she could keep the gym open, so the mortgage and bills
could be paid. He said that I didn't have to worry about the money, he would take care of things. It was Troos who hired my first laywers. Het said they charged me for 100.000 EC dollar. I had 26000 dollar in the bank so I asked him to go to the bank for an extra loon, with the house and gym as security. He came back and sais the bank wouldn't do it. He told me to put the house in his name, so he would get the loon. My business laywer adviced me not to do this, but instead to give my niece Patricia power of attorney and let her get the loon. When Tross found out about this he got furious and told me he did not want to work with Patricia and that Dulisca would leave the job. I could not communicate with anybody and had no choice. i gave him power of attorney. Now Tross and dulisca run the place and nobody could check them. Later on I found out they already were spreding gossip and bad things about me. The laywer he hired for me did everything he said. They obviously wanted to take my house and gym.
Tross came to me and said the family of Leyoca wanted to sue me and that if I wanted to keep my house I had to put it in his name. Later he visited he with his laywer, and they adviced me to sell the house and gym to him for 200.000 EC dollar, while the place is worth 1.500.000 EC dollar! I refused and Tross became very angry. I decided to put everything in name of my eldest daughter Dorette. I told her to hire an accountant and to be carefull for Tross. But Tross put her up against me. Dorette sold the gym equipment to Tross. Tross rented out one of my appertments and they even changed the name of the gym!
At the second trial Tross changed his testimony again and now his girlfriend Dulisca testified against me. She was not even there at the first trial!
Here judges can go home everyday during the trial. St. Kitts is very small and the trial was the talk of the town. there was a lot of gossip and
badmouthing. Jealousy played an important roll. De judge was biased. The painted a picture of me as a person who was very violant against women, but they did not have a piece of evidence.
Again, there were no witnesses, no fingerprints, no autopsy, no written statement, no confession, my first laywer was hired by the crown witness
against me, witnesses were lying I confessed the murders to them, they never took my ply for self-defense serious. There are so many mistakes in this trial it is unbelievable. But they convicted me. Now I try to give my niece patricia in power of attorney, so she can pay the mortgage and they cannot take my house and gym.

Here Bertil stops describing the things that happened and asks Jim to come over to help. He wants Jim to consider paying the rest of the mortgage, talk with the lawyers etc.Jim is back and tries everything to help Bertil. He promised Bertil to bring his story out, he even contacted Amnesty International.
Friday (today) will be the result of the appeal. As of yet we don't knowwhat the judged decided."

Όνομα: bertilfox9.jpg Εμφανίσεις: 1450 Μέγεθος: 46,0 KB

Όνομα: bertilfox6.jpg Εμφανίσεις: 1291 Μέγεθος: 50,3 KB

Όνομα: bertil_fox_photo152.jpg Εμφανίσεις: 1607 Μέγεθος: 28,3 KB